A journey through the turbulent, tortured and yet inspiring inner workings of blues- rock infused singer Janis Joplin. The Adelaide-Fringe award winning ‘Janis' is a vibrant and expressive event, paying homage not only to one of the greatest icons of 60's 'rock n roll', but also to some of her inspirations.
“Hafey has it all. She does it all.”...Taking on such a monolithic figure is an intimidating task, but Hafey handles it with the finesse of an old pro.”
“Samantha Hafey is magnificent as the tortured but talented 60s female vocalist still
haunting blues lovers today: Janis Joplin.”
~ Warryndyte Diary
“Sam Hafey gave a convincing and compelling portrayal of not just the music, but the mindset of the troubled artist and her struggles with fame, addictions, and love.”
~Dr d in oz
Samantha Hafey is a standout and gives a dangerously good performance...not shying away from any of the delightfully confronting moments in the show.
~ Maxine Montgomery
- Written/Produced/Directed/Choreographed and Performed by Samantha Hafey.
- Backing vocalists - Elly D’arcy, Lauren Stewart, Michelle Eddington
- Guitar- Arthur Xafis
- Bass~ Steven Davidson
- Drums~ Kieran Rule.
- Organ~ Max Rowe Keys/acoustic guitar~ Jonathan Bucello
- Horns~ Joseph Tobius, Joel Plymin, Daniel Isler, Robert Hamood
- Lighting: Samantha Hafey, Jack Jones, Charlotte Armstrong
- Costume: Samantha Hafey, Joanne Hafey, Louise Stewart
- Stage Management: Stefan Bagg, Darcy Wischer (Melbourne only)
- Production Management: Samantha Hafey, Stefan Bagg
*Appearances on Channel 10, 3RPP Radio "Women of Soul", Melbourne (SOLD OUT SHOWS) and Adelaide Fringe Festival, as well as headlining at Warrandyte Festival, The Tote, The Boogieman Bar and the Workers Club.